Living Green and Healthy: 5 Health Benefits From Going Green
Living Green and Saving Energy are two of my favorite topics. They explain how you can go green and save money. While saving money is essential for many people, it may not be the most crucial benefit to a greener lifestyle. Green living can also improve your health.
These are five health benefits that you can reap from a greener lifestyle.
1. Regular exercise is good for your heart. Walking or riding a bicycle to replace your car on short trips can help you exercise, save gas and reduce carbon emissions. You can also take the train or bus, even walking or cycling to the station or bus stop.
2. You eat a healthier diet by buying local food. Locally produced food is cheaper to transport to the market. Smaller growers also tend to have fresher organic produce. These items can be found at farmer’s markets, which ensures that your food is free from pesticides. Reduced meat consumption will help reduce your carbon footprint. This is because meat requires more energy, water, and resources than vegetables. A lot of people are better off consuming less red meat.
3. Drinking bottled water is healthier: It is one of the most environmentally friendly products. Bottles are made mainly from petroleum chemicals, which can cause low-level contamination. No matter what kind of plastic bottle you use, bottled water does not always have a higher purity than tap water. It is just more expensive. Tap water is the best option for your health.
4. You can breathe easier: Are you planning any remodeling in the coming year? Low VOC paint (VOC stands for volatile organic compounds) will make your family’s breathing easier. This simple step will be a benefit to your entire family.
5. Better lighting: Natural sunlight can be used to illuminate your rooms instead of using electricity. This simple trick will save you money and even provide health benefits. Sunlight can help increase vitamin D production. This is assuming that some sunlight reaches your body through the windows. Even in the winter months, natural light can be a mood lifter.
These five tips can improve almost everyone’s health by encouraging greener living. You will also save money, which I don’t think you need me to remind you of.
Read also: Green Tea Has Many Health Benefits
Green smoothies are healthy, delicious, and an easy way to get the recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables into your diet. People are eager to discover new and healthier ways of living. It’s never been easier to make decisions that will positively impact your life and the lives of those you love. It’s easy to create incredible green smoothies at your home!
Your first step in your journey to health and longevity is visiting your local natural food market due to increased demand from everyday people like yourself who care about sustainability. It is a good idea to shop at organic markets for your groceries. It is easy to taste the difference in flavor between organically grown and conventionally raised produce. Organic foods are so exciting as you can make a difference in your health and the world’s health.
Organic foods are financially supportive of farmers who maintain high standards for their products and are responsible for the care and integrity of the land. It is excellent to know that organic produce is free of harmful herbicides, chemical fertilizers, and pesticides. My journey to a healthier lifestyle is something I will never forget. It was 1994, and I still recall how sweet the first organic carrot tasted to me. It was a completely different taste than conventionally grown carrots. The incredible sweetness and crisp flavor of the carrots made my mouth water! After that experience, it was like I had found a great secret. I resolved to buy only organic vegetables and fruits every day from now on.
Now it is time for some fun! Place all ingredients in a blender and blend. You currently have a nutritious, high-quality green smoothie full of live foods and will give you energy throughout the day. You can also enroll your children if you’re a parent. Give your child a few fruits or veggies, and watch as their eyes light up when adding the fruits and vegetables to the blender. You can add more fruits to sweeten your green juices if you wish. Children love making green smoothies with their parents. You can also share the many benefits of organic fruits and vegetables. This teaches children how important it is to make healthy food choices, which will positively impact their health throughout their lives.
For more detailed manuals and advice about this topic, please see 80 Twenty.